Grooveshark was my dream music app. Play just one artist at a time when I wanted to where I wanted to. Of course my music decisions clashed with the recording industry‘s music decisions and Grooveshark had to leave Google Play. Today however the app is back but you have to pay for what you used to get free:
Always free features, no paid subscription needed:
- Unlimited streaming of over 20 genre Radio Stations, with hand-tagged selections from the millions of songs in our library.
- Launch a custom Radio Station based on any song you choose, and tailor it further to your taste by skipping and liking songs.
Features for Grooveshark Anywhere subscribers ($9/mo.) or those using the free trial:
- Free, unlimited on-demand music streaming.
- Offline your most frequently played songs for uninterrupted listening even when there’s no stable connection.
- Choose from one of our genre Radio Stations or launch a personalized station based on any song in your queue, with no song skip or listening limits. Save particularly good sessions as Playlists for continued listening later.
- Create, save, and share unlimited Playlists with friends.
- Connect your social media profiles to easily share your music with friends.
- Explore Popular songs and see what the Grooveshark community is listening to.
Am I surprised? Not really. Will it still play the latest songs out before they play on the old radio? Probably not. Are their better(Free) alternatives out there that does exactly what Grooveshark should still do?